It’s week two of Get Slim for Summer, and today we have another GSS protein snack recipe for you! This recipe is delicious, healthy, and easy to put together. We hope you enjoy it!
Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh or 2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In large shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, mix garlic, rosemary, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 5 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add chicken and turn to coat. Seal container and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Alternately thread chicken, bell pepper, and onion onto 6 (10- to 12-inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on grill. Cover grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with lemon juice mixture, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe. For more recipes and tips for transforming your life, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!