Meal prep is a great tool to help you eat healthy during the week. Today, we’re excited to share three delicious and healthy meal prep recipes!
Chicken and Veggies
This recipe makes four servings of chicken and vegetables. Feel free to mix things up and use your favorite vegetables if you desire.
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Place ½ or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.
This recipe will make a lot of meatballs to last you for a few meals. You can enjoy them plain for a protein snack or pair them up with some whole-wheat pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles!
- 2 lbs. lean ground pork
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Mix the meat, egg, and seasonings together in a large bowl. Form into even-sized meatballs (about two tablespoons each) and place them on the lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
This recipe makes about five servings. If you’re not a vegetarian, feel free to add some cooked chicken or other meat if you want!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- ½ cup salsa, divided
- 3 avocados, halved
- Boil 2 cups water. Stir in the quinoa and lower heat until it’s simmering. Cover and let simmer until all water has been absorbed (about 15 minutes), stirring occasionally. This will yield about 3 cups.
- Combine the quinoa, beans, corn, cilantro, spices and lime juice in a large bowl. Mix well.
- For each serving, combine two cups of romaine and 1½ cups of quinoa mixture. Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of salsa and ½ an avocado.
- Garnish with lime wedges and a sprinkle of cilantro if desired. Keep in sealed containers and place in fridge for up to 5 days.
We hope you’ll enjoy these meal prep recipes. For more tips for transforming your life physically, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!